Monday, January 31, 2011

Save the snowman!

We are supposed to have an ice storm.  
My husband went to the grocery just in case.  Blah blah blah!  I hate that you really never can tell if you will get these storms or not.  I hate going to the grocery when it is packed!  When i was younger and child free i would take my ipod to the grocery and totally ignore everyone and everything.  It was actually relaxing for me (probably not for everyone else in my aisle who had to endure my nonstop singing to songs they could not hear, lol).  It is no longer relaxing.  I couldn't bring myself to headphone it even when elli was only a few months and practically slept through our shopping.  It felt like i was ignoring her presence... it just felt wrong.  Now if i can concentrate long enough to buy the right spaghetti sauce i pat myself on the back!  So as i said, my husband went to the grocery today on his way home from work. 
 I greatly appreciated it :)
 I love these pictures of my little girl last winter in the snow!  We haven't been out in the snow much this year, although there has been a lot actually.  The baby is so small it is hard to take him out for long and i worry he will get cold despite the huge snow suit we have for him.  Elli asks constantly to play outside and my response lately is "maybe saturday" (my hubby will be there to help, lol).  Now you can fully understand why she was so happy to go to the Y.  We did make a snowman this year :).  My husband went out after he got off work (in the dark, lol) to make a snowman with our daughter :).  My love for him grew that day!  That is just so sweet.  After about an hour he came inside stomping his feet, with a red faced but smiling elli on his heels!  He looked at me and said "do you know how to make a snowman?"

It was hilarious!  My husband is from Arizona!  I looked out in the yard where he and my daughter had been snow shoveling the yard into a huge heap.  I handed him the baby, donned my coat and gloves to go out and save our snowman!  Bless his heart, the snow was the most awful snow to make a snowman. It was soft and not at all wet.  Elli and i carved out a round bottom and middle from the huge pile of snow in the middle of the yard.  I had to scrape snow from the street to make the start of the ball for the snowman's head.  After trying several different object for the facial characteristics we ended up with a tinsel mouth a carrot nose and grape eyes, lol!
Elli didn't mind at all that it was the ugliest and not to mention, shortest, snowman i had ever seen in my life (and i have seen and built a lot of snowmen).


On a different note, there are some things heavy on my heart lately.  I have that uncertain feeling that only comes from change.  I am hoping and praying that this change will be for the better.  God give me direction.  All of my church family out there please be praying:)
Night!
 P.s.  I haven't even started my rug project other than taking out the material... slacker ;)  I'll try to get on that tomorrow... or maybe next week, he he he!

1 comment:

  1. Those are sweet pictures of your daughter in the snow last winter! :) And I SO understand about change! We are right in the middle of deciding whether or not to move to Arizona. My husband's company is relocating there, and although he can work remotely from here, they would love us to move there. We have been praying so hard for direction! So I know what you mean about that uncertain feeling...and I will be praying for you that God will guide you in the way you should go! Change is hard, but I almost think decision making is worse! :)

    I hope you have a good day!

    Blessings,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete