Sunday, January 30, 2011

A little of this and a little of that :)

My kids are in bed.  That was kids... with an "s".  Yay!  For once they are sleeping at the same time.  Not only are they asleep at the same time, but also early enough that i am not falling over myself to get to bed and late enough that my husband is home :).
There are so many things on my mind today.
I come from a divorced family.  That is to say my biological Dad and Mom haven't been married since i was almost one i believe.  My mom married this really good guy when i was 3 and ever since he has been my Dad too.  I love them both, my Dads.  I am rambling a little i know lol.  My stepdad seems really gruff on the surface.  People mistake him for someone who really doesn't care enough, i know i have a time or two.  But this simply isn't the case.  I think he cares so much that sometimes things are tearing him up inside and he just doesn't know what to do, or really can't do anything to fix the situation (which is especially hard for him since he is a little bit of a control freak, lol), so he gets mad.  Mad at the world, his lack of ability to change things and the people who keep hurting him or his family, however well meaning they are:(.  He was hurting this week.  I just wanted to say to blogland out there that even though he is misunderstood often and a little gruff at times, that i love him and that he has been an excellent father to me when he didn't have to be.  He will always be my Dad too and i hope that his heart heals soon.
Onward to other issues!
I have never really been an advocate of cosleeping but for some reason both of my kids have slept with me as babies.  It is soooooooo annoying, lol.  Really i think it has a little to do with my choice to only breastfeed and a whole lot to do with my lack of sleep.  They fall asleep while feeding.  I know this is the issue but i haven't been very successful at pumping.  It seriously takes me like two days of pumping to save enough for one bottle feeding.  And did i mention it doesn't feel very nice either.  Since i have issues pumping my husband, who is actually willing to help with feedings, (so I can sleep) can't.  I really do want my bed back though so i am ready to try almost anything.  I am shooting for at least nine months of breastfeeding  so i need to find a solution.  Anyone have any suggestions?

I have decided to try a new recipe every week.  I will take a picture of the finished product.  If you like to laugh, you should seriously check in to see them.  I am not a good cook... really.  I am more of an enthusiastic burner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment