Friday, January 28, 2011

I should know by now never to set a deadline, especially with a newborn.  They just won't be ignored, lol! Take just now for instance, here i am trying to type and breastfeed at the same time.  Yes i am super mom!  Of course he loses his latch and i think okay i will help him get back on after i finish this sentence... yeah right!  As i reach for the keyboard, in his fast-tempered way, he begins kicking my arm.  Not the one time but over and over like he is saying "just try and ignore me, ha ha ha":)  Just in case you were wondering, yes it is impossible to type with a newborn kicking your arm.

Elli and i did manage to finish our flower mirror project yesterday.  I did not manage to post it then, but as my momma always told me, better late than never!  Here are the finished frames, sans mirror, painted cream and filled with my daughters artwork.  Enjoy!

  After hours, yes i mean hours, of self motivation i signed up for a membership at my local YMCA!  My daughter is ecstatic!  They have an indoor pool and a daycare, need i say more?  For a cooped up four year old it is like heaven!  I certainly didn't mind the fact that they provided childcare either :).  Although after the hustle and bustle of the actual sign up process, during which elli alternately crawled or ran through the lobby while i "calmly" asked her to hold still at least 20 times and Micah, bless his car seat hating heart, cried until the receptionist asked if i minded her holding him :), i found myself extremely reluctant to leave them at the childcare.  Really i do long for twenty minutes of silence or at least a break from the barrage of the same question that seems to come every two minutes..."why Mommy".  Sometimes i wonder if my moments of blissful silence would come at too high a cost.  Some people do really awful things to innocent children.  I know i am overprotective and anxious, i hope my children never notice this, it is not something i want them to emulate, but i can't seem to stop.  After a few cautious moments in which i watched my children play through the glass childcare window,  Elli's enthusiasm won me over.  She was honestly enjoying herself and little man wasn't even fussing.  I left to find the ellipticals whispering a prayer to the only one i fully trust with my children's life, my heavenly father.

2 comments:

  1. Love how the frames turned out! Her room is adorable!

    Good for you on signing up at the Y. I can be reluctant sometimes about leaving the kids with someone, so don't feel over-protective; that's our job, after all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lenae! Elli's room is the only one that is finished, lol. She made the pictures above her bed herself :)
    Elli is really outgoing so it does make it a little easier to leave her there but i can't help but worry, maybe it will get easier though (fingers crossed) :)

    ReplyDelete