Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Disaster ... and not so Disastrous

Here's the short list
Disaster:
elli and her ear infection (seriously we are getting no sleep here.  And by "we" i mean me.)
me crying on the stairs while Micah wails in his crib (which elli sleeps soundly through, amazingly enough)
Micah has now started coughing too
flower frame = broken :(
no ink for photo printing (  I know, i'm a little bit of a drama queen but come on... i hate when that happens!)

...Not so Disastrous
Micah cried himself to sleep ( I have regained my sanity) and is now sleeping in his crib (fingers crossed) at night!
Made some pretty delish chili, salmon and cookies ( all of which my super picky hubby complimented :)
spray painted a million frames to hang (which have been sitting around annoying me for months on end)
finally made a chair cover for my super ugly(and super cheap) desk chair
Hubby bought a new printer and INK!
repainting two unbroken flower frames to hang with some frames
rearranged some furniture :)


I am a chronic furniture re-arranger.  Some people make fun of me, lol.  I love the way it feels when i can walk into a room and it just feels different just because i moved the furniture.  It gives you a new perspective like using shuffle on your scrabble tiles.  You still have the same letters but shuffling them helps you see a word you might not have seen otherwise.  I have been called weird a time or two :).
I tried a recipe this week!  Well two actually but i only took pics of one.  Here it is: tarragon pecan salmon ( find the recipe at Bhg.com)


I also made what i call Junk drawer oatmeal cookies.  You know that really weird, clear drawer in the fridge that is supposed to be used for butter (i think).  It has become the junk drawer for my fridge.  Usually sauces or chocolate chips, crushed nuts, dried fruit or extra ketchup packets find their way in there.  I add whatever i have in the junk drawer that suits my fancy to a really easy bagged oatmeal cookie mix.  This time it was crushed pecans and coconut, yummy!


Elli broke one of the flower frames last friday.  She say it is her favorite one (as she pulls the frame out of the trash.  She has that "this is evidence you are being a mean mommy" look!) I promised her i would repaint the others so i could hang them again with the new frames i spray painted for her room.  I just thought i would share this little tip i picked up along the way.  I use artwork from one or two of elli's books to hang in her room.  It cost so much less than buying prints and they are awesome for hanging multiple pics in an arrangement.  This is the book i chose for elli's room.  I will post the finished product after i print some pics tonight to finish filling the frames!



1 comment:

  1. i love the idea of choosing a book and framing pictures from it!

    and i get you with the no sleep thing, it is rough. hopefully the sun is shining for you today!

    ReplyDelete